College Movers COVID Repsonse
We take the health and safety of our movers and customers very seriously. To make sure we are following CDC guidelines, we have adjusted our typical health and safety policies to add extra precautions against the spread of COVID-19.
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) updates
- Updated our required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn during moves:
- masks, reusable (fabric) masks
- hand sanitizer
- Implemented a pre-move cleanse and wipe-down of movers
- This includes hand washing after putting their mask on their face and before donning gloves (if using gloves). In addition, we spray each mover with an anti-viral solution between moves to eliminate any unintentional spread on the fabric of their clothes.
- Instruct movers to perform “elbow bumps” and/or fist bumps with their customers instead of handshakes
- Have movers remain 6 feet away during the moving process when possible
- Instruct movers to change gloves (and wash their hands) after every time they touch their mask, mouth, or face (accidental or not)
We also recommend our customers change their habits and activities during moves to help keep our movers safe!
- Provide your movers with access to a sink with soap and paper towels throughout the move
- Purchase new moving boxes for the movers to handle — this is not the time for reusing boxes
- Utilize plastic bins and totes as these are easily wiped down and cleaned before and after the move
- Deep clean your new home before unpacking to help diminish the risk of spreading the virus
- Donate any non-perishable food items to a local food bank instead of tossing them in the trash
You can view our pre-move precautions in action by watching our video below!
Health & Safety Policies & Procedures
Listed below are our health and safety policies. All movers are required to follow on and off the job to ensure their mental and physical wellness. You can find our full Health and Safety Manual at the bottom of the page.
Movers contracted for College Movers, LLC should meet physical standards at the time of employment and continue to meet these standards throughout their employment. You may find our physical requirements in our full Health & Safety Manual.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Each mover goes through a onboarding program. Their onboarding goes over safety rules and procedures, proper equipment handling, and how to properly lift objects to avoid back strain or injury.
We also highly encourage our movers to bring proper PPE with them on every move. We provide equipment when necessary.
PPE recommended for moves include:
- sturdy work boots or tennis shoes with non-slip soles
- long sleeved shirts and pants to prevent against sun exposure and scratches due to furniture or loose ends
- gloves while gripping and carrying large, heavy objects
- furniture sliders, moving straps, dollys for assistance with moving heavy and awkwardly shaped objects
- water bottles and or snacks to help with sustained energy throughout a move